Here I will explain how to create a new site in SharePoint or create new SharePoint website
In previous post I explained Uses of SharePoint,
- Create new group in SharePoint,
- Add users to SharePoint Group,
- Add Users to SharePoint Site,
- SharePoint Browsers Compatibility and Allow Anonymous access to SharePoint site. Now I will explain how to create site in SharePoint.
To create new site in SharePoint we need to follow below steps :
1. Open the SharePoint Central Administration
2. In the Application Management section, click the Manage web applications link. The page lists the referenced web applications on the server. For a basic installation, you have two:
-The default site: SharePoint – 80
-The administration site: SharePoint Central Administration v4
3. Click the New icon in the top left corner and fill out the resulting form. This contains the authentication method and using an existing or new website in IIS. It also allows you to use anonymous access to the site as well as turning on SSL configuration options. Once the form is filled out, click OK.
4. The changes will then process and SharePoint will return the Application Created message if all is well. Click OK once more.
5. The web application you just created is now listed under the SharePoint Central Application v4. Next you will create the Site Collection. Navigate to Central Administration > Application Management > Create Site Collections.