This article will explains about how to setup App environment in SharePoint 2013. SharePoint 2013 has a long list of features and the SharePoint App Store is one of them just like what we have for the Windows Phone Marketplace and Google Play Store concept. Here a site owner can download an app from the store and install them on SharePoint sites. Being a developer we need to set up this environment for app development.
For the first time when we install SharePoint Server 2013 this functionality is not enabled and the user will get an error when they try to install the apps for SharePoint. The error goes like this “Sorry, apps are turned off. If you know who runs the server, tell them to enable apps.”
In this entire article we will cover how to set up the app environment in SharePoint 2013. We will cover the following topics:
- Create a forward lookup zone for apps.
- Link the App domain to the SharePoint Server.
- Start the required Services.
- Configure the App Management Service Application.
- Configure the Subscription Settings Service Application.
- Configure the App URL’s in the Central Administration site.
- Check for the required access for the accounts performing this operation.
- Test Your environment.
As Part 1 of this article let’s cover the first point.
Create a forward lookup zone for apps
- SharePoint 2013 Apps have their own isolated URL that is different from that of the SharePoint Farm URL. As per the Microsoft guidelines we need to create a new domain and not a subdomain of the current domain where we are running the SharePoint site.
- Make sure you are using an account that is a local administrator for this domain.
- Start -> Administrative Tools -> DNS.
- In DNS manager, click on your current domain that is hosting the SharePoint site to create a new host.
- Fill in the fields as shown below and click next, where IP address is the one for your system.
- Click on add host and you will get a prompt as the new host is created
- In DNS Manager, right-click Forward Lookup Zones and then click New Zone.
- In the New Zone wizard, select Next and proceed.
- In the Zone Type page accept the default settings and proceed.
- In the Active Directory Zone Replication page, keep the default settings as they are and proceed.
- In the Zone Name page, type the zone name according to your needs.
- In the Dynamic update page keep the default settings as they are and proceed.
- In the Completing the New Zone Wizard check all the settings and click OK.
“In this article we install SharePoint Server 2013 this functionality is not enabled and the user will get an error when they try to install the apps for SharePoint.”
Best Recommended SharePoint Hosting
ASPHostPortal.com is Perfect, suitable hosting plan for a starter in SharePoint. ASPHostPortal the leading provider of Windows hosting and affordable SharePoint Hosting. ASPHostPortal proudly working to help grow the backbone of the Internet, the millions of individuals, families, micro-businesses, small business, and fledgling online businesses. ASPHostPortal has ability to support the latest Microsoft and ASP.NET technology, such as: WebMatrix, WebDeploy, Visual Studio 2015, .NET 5/ASP.NET 4.5.2, ASP.NET MVC 6.0/5.2, Silverlight 6 and Visual Studio Lightswitch, ASPHostPortal guarantees the highest quality product, top security, and unshakeable reliability, carefully chose high-quality servers, networking, and infrastructure equipment to ensure the utmost reliability.
HostForLIFE.eu guarantees 99.9% uptime for their professional SharePoint hosting and actually implements the guarantee in practice. HostForLIFE.eu is the service are excellent and the features of the web hosting plan are even greater than many hosting. HostForLIFE.eu offer IT professionals more advanced features and the latest technology. Relibility, Stability and Performance of servers remain and TOP priority. Even basic service plans are equipped with standard service level agreements for 99.99% uptime. Advanced options raise the bar to 99.99%. HostForLIFE.eu revolutionized hosting with Plesk Control Panel, a Web-based interface that provides customers with 24×7 access to their server and site configuration tools.
DiscountService.com.au is The Best and Cheap SharePoint Hosting. DiscountService.com.au was established to cater to an under served market in the hosting industry web hosting for customers who want excellent service. DiscountService.com.au guarantees the highest quality product, top security, and unshakeable reliability, carefully chose high-quality servers, networking, and infrastructure equipment to ensure the utmost reliability. DiscountService.com.au has ability to support the latest Microsoft and ASP.NET technology, such as: WebMatrix, WebDeploy, Visual Studio 2015, .NET 5/ASP.NET 4.5.2, ASP.NET MVC 6.0/5.2, Silverlight 6 and Visual Studio Lightswitch. DiscountService.com.au is devoted to offering the best Windows hosting solution for you.