In this post we find out how to configure people search in SharePoint 2013 Hosting. The Enterprise Search Center in SharePoint 2013 searches nearly everything SharePoint crawls. That’s the explanation why its search results are labelled “Everything”. Except for specialized data or scenarios, we regularly need a specialized search experience to match. As an example, “People” takes you to people Search, that returns solely people results, displays them otherwise, and responds showing intelligence to certain people-related queries like searches for a phone number. The quick search technology, noninheritable by Microsoft in 2008, is at the center of SharePoint 2013 Technologies and concepts from Bing and elsewhere are added to the combination to supply a comprehensive set of enterprise search capabilities, with lots of area for personalisation. It includes a rules-based query parsing framework. pricing has not yet been formally declared, however it’s typically assumed that this search functionality are a typical a part of SharePoint 2013.
SharePoint Search Center site
1. First , Verify that the User account that’s perform for this procedure is a member of the Farm Administrators group.
2. When you on Performing Page of the Central Administration web site à Application Management section, click on Produce web site collections.
3. On the produce web site collection page, do the following:
- In the web Application section, choose an online application to contain the new web site assortment. To use an online application other than the one that’s displayed àclick on the web application that’s displayed, and so click modification web Application.
- In the Title and description section, within the Title box, type the name for the new Search Center web site. Optionally, type a description within the Description box.
- In the web site Address section, for the a part of the url immediately when the web application address, choose /sites/, or choose a managed path that was previously defined, and so kind the final a part of the URL.
- In the Template Selection section, do the following:
- In the choose the experience version drop-down list, choose 2013 to create a search Center web site that has the SharePoint Server 2013 user experience, or choose 2010 to create a search Center web site that provides the SharePoint 2010 products user experience.
- Within the select a model subsection, click the Enterprise tab, so do one in all the following:
- If you’re using SharePoint Foundation 2013, choose the basic Search Center template.
- Otherwise, if you’re using SharePoint Server 2013, choose the Enterprise Search Center template.
4. In the Primary web site collection Administrator section, within the User name box, kind the user name of the first site collection administrator for this site collection within the form domain\user name.
5. In the Secondary site collection Administrator section, kind the user name of a secondary web site collection administrator within the form domain\user name.
6. In the Quota template section, choose No Quota.
7. A Search Center web site isn’t supposed to be a data repository. Therefore, you are doing not need to choose a quota template.
8. Click OK.
9. On the top-level web site successfully Created page, click the link to the Search Center site that you just created.
10. After you produce the Search Center web site, you need to grant web site access to users in order that they will perform search queries and consider search results. Use the subsequent procedure to grant web site access to users.
Grant Access to the SharePoint Search Center
Use the following method to grant access to the SharePoint Search Center:
1. Verify that the user account that’s activity this procedure may be a member of the owners cluster on the Search Center group.
2. When you on a web browser, go to the Search Center site.
3. Open the site menu by clicking the gear icon in the upper-right portion of the page, so click web site Permissions.
5. In the Share dialog box, within the Enter users separated with semicolons text box, type the names of the Windows user groups and Windows users to whom you would like to grant permissions for submitting queries and viewing search leads to the Search Center.
6. For example, to grant access to the Search Center to all Windows users, type NT Authority\authenticated users.
7.Click Show options.
8. Now, you must Clear the Send an email invitation check box.
9. And then, Select a group or permission level drop-down list, select <SearchCenterName> Visitors
10. Click Share.